Well, you didn't tell us what color the smoke is.

If it's dark, it's fuel. But only blowing smoke out of one side doesn't indicate fuel as intake manifolds are either single plane, mostly without divider plates, or dual plane and they are nearly without exception, one side of the carb feeds two on right and two on left.

If it's bluish-gray and smells like oil, it's oil. It could be one broken ring, which is more likely than the rings on only one side going bad. It could also be an intake manifold leak, in which case you should be able to tell which one is leaking by looking at spark plugs. Actually either one of those would foul one spark plug.

If it's pure white it's coolant and you have a head gasket problem. I've had experience with unknowingly running an engine with a warped head for miles , middle of the night, and the burnt antifreeze seized the pistons. While I saved enough money to overhaul the engine, the acid from the burnt antifreeze attacked the cylinder walls and made a myriad of pits, a little over 0.010" deep.

You will get better answers from investigation and logic than you will by shotgunning tests at the engine. In most cases the engine'll tell you the answer.

JohnRR is mostly right, most of the scenarios I've outlined above will not be fixed by a bottle or two of Wynn's Motor Honey.

R.

Last edited by dogdays; 05/07/15 02:43 PM.