Originally Posted By dizuster
That's a lot of work for 3 degrees@.050" and 012" lift.

Your combo probably won't like the 112lsa either...

OK, I'm all ears, this is why I posted in the forum.

Please explain your reasoning behind the "...combo won't like the 112LSA..." comment in particular. I actually thought that the wider LSA would give me a more docile idle/low RPM motor, and maybe a better throttle response for the city-traffic given the better vacum@idle it should pull, which would be a good thing given that it really is a street/weekend driver kind of a car.

My level of camshaft technology understanding indicates that the wider LSA, while improving idle/vacum and broadening the power band, will however lower the max torque potential and move it to a higher RPM. If that is correct then I suppose I understand the comment a little better...am I on the right path here? shruggy

What I'm struggling with is this: the 4K stall converter allows the motor to get up into the power-band pretty quick, this is great for when it's a real WOT run. But otherwise, especially for lower RPM usage (like street traffic) we are always told by countless magazine articles, on-line stories, etc, etc, that a roller cam has so many advantages over the old flat tappet designs. So where are the benefits if I'm hearing you guys tell me this hydraulic roller is not worth pursuing?

Remember, I'm not going for an all-out effort here. Just aiming to pretty much stay at the same power level with better lower end behaviour.