1badx,

Since I don't have the resources to confirm things myself, I have to make "educated guesses" and can't guarantee anything. It's tough to imagine the "hurricane" happening inside the crankcase. But I've been happy with my results so far. The Mopar small block trays look like they would hold too much oil in them, even when the vents are opened up. A tray I bought 25+ years ago from Ed Hamburger was modified with extra vents to help. Most of the small block Stock racers and their engine builders don't use one. Like I said earlier, I liked my multi-scraper tray with screens and wish I could have put it on a dyno. But it wasn't sturdy enough to hadle a few seasons of abuse.

If you have a big block, a scraper wouldn't be as effective as in a small block because of the block skirts. But I've heard of big block racers getting pretty creative with them. Aluminum rods may permit more oil to be introduced and tray clearances would be closer. But big block & Hemi racers would know better for those engines.