Originally Posted By Adam71Charger

Have you dealt with 14point7 customer service or had any issues with their products?

So about the WiFi part... What happens when Im out in BFE trying to tune the car on wide open roads and Im getting no WiFi signal? Can I hook a laptop up to the unit directly? Ill call them back tomorrow and see if the unit can have a computer plugged into it. Also curios if the gauge could be hooked to it later if I wanted.

Everything I have ordered from them arrived in a week or less, and that is coming from Canada. As long as it's in stock it ships quickly. I will have my Spartan and gauge going this weekend pending snowfall, but it is very comparable to the LC-1 I have. Also no free air calibrations, so that saves time on the initial install. Customer service does not seem to be an issue. Innovate makes good products, I certainly am not bashing them. But owning both, the 14point7 product wins in ease of use and price point.

The iDash comes with a wireless router which will act as your Wi-Fi hotspot. You will connect to it with your monitoring device. As long as you stay within range of the vehicle, you will never have connectivity issues. Also it has 32MB of memory to datalog while you are disconnected, so technically you don't ever have to be connected realtime. I suppose you could just hook up directly with a crossover cable as well. For something that will allow all the other data inputs, the price is hard to beat. As the software develops I'm sure you will see some of the other features enabled like the accelerometer to do quarter mile times.

Matt
69 Dart Swinger 340
83 W350, Megasquirted with 46RH
Old news: 72 Demon street/race mobile
Latest: 70 Duster backhalf car
and even more