Quote:

Dave I have an article from back in 65 on Landy's alterd wheelbace car with the strate front axle and the rear in that car was under the spring the car was sittin high front to back.
I have run SS/spring for a long time if I was building I would go with ladderbars unless you want the look of SS/springs

I'm into the old Mopars (one day I'm going to have my '68 Charger with a Hemi ) and this is what gave me the idea. In a Hot Rod achive series #6 Hemi Power (Winter 2007) on page 57, it shows Dick Landy's '64 Dodge extremely altered wheelbase car. It has 676 SS/A on the side of it. The article states the photo was an alternate version of the one that was in the Hot Rod magazine, February '65 issue.

In the photo, it appears the axle is under the springs. That car has a slight rake forward. It sits very high, but for my truck, that is the look I'm looking for.

I've done 4-links before on friend's cars, and I don't like the look of ladder bars at all. I want to have the look of leaf springs. As shown by your car, you can make leafs perform well.

There is not too much info on setting up the SS springs on custom deals. I read alot on the old Mopar FX cars, but not too much is said on the actual measurements, hence my questions.

I did check out the 4-speed forum, and I'll be asking questions over there as well. I figured since you guys are the ones mostly running the SS springs, this would be the best place to get info on them, and setting them up.

Thanks for the replies, and keep them coming.

BTW, that is a very cool car, wildcargo. That is the look I'm going for, plain-jane with a bite.

Dave

Last edited by DJOHAGIN; 01/01/09 02:16 PM.