Quote:

I'm inches away from buying Stealth Heads and bolting them on also so this is a good topic to hear about. I have a buddy that had worked in a machine shop years back and has been a mechanic his whole life with some pretty stout Mopars. He has bolted these right on numerous engines of the past few years without incident.

The valve lift and 7 degree questions are answered by 440 source right on their site.

Who's cam are you going to use with that lift? Can you share details?
Ron

The answer the valve spring and lock and retainer question right on their site but I suspect the answer is pretty generic and just meant to cover all the basics.

For example, they say any cam over .510 lift needs the other Comp Cams springs they carry. The problem is that you can't find the original Comp Cams part number on their site to see which specific set of Comp Cams springs they really are or what the actual spring pressure is of the upgraded springs they recommend.

From what I've seen people report, the springs that come with the Stealth heads OOTB are rated at about 125/300 which is exactly what Engle recommends for my cam which is a hydraulic with .534 lift and 238 @ .050 duration.

I also remember Jeff at MCH coming on here and saying that the 7 degree locks and retainers they are now coming with are perfectly good and standard industry stuff.

Others have said when they get their heads, the box has a sticker on it saying words to the effect of "now with Comp Cams locks and retainers".

But when I call 440Source, they automatically echo the website and say any cam over .510 needs different springs, locks, and retainers without bothering to ask what spring pressure the cam manufacturer recommends.