Quote:

Mopardude 318, that sounds just like what most of the other people on the jeep forums were saying about their issues. A couple of reflashes followed by a new converter. Also jerky trans shifting at low speeds like in parking lots. What I also read is this was mostly on the early 2014 models.
What kind of DEF consumption is everyone experiencing ? The estimate was that you should be able to get more than 10k miles out of a tank of 8 gallons of DEF, but the guys a Edmunds that did a long term test on the diesel ram were going through 3 or more times that amount of DEF fluid.
Are oil filters finally available for less than $60 like they were charging at the dealers ?

Just for giggles, ask them what that new converter would cost off warranty. Make sure you are sitting down when you ask. Does it have a diesel particulate filter? (DPF) That would be another source of sit down news preferably with sedation.

As much as I would like to have a new diesel daily driver, it's never going to happen. 90% of people buying them won't live long enough for the fuel mileage to pay for the upcharge in the purchase price never mind the cost of keeping all that emissions junk operational.

My experience with the new diesels is in Class 8 trucks. Based on some of my colleagues experiences I have concluded that if you need 1 truck you have to buy 3 plus a tow truck. 1 truck to be broke down on the side of the road with. The second truck to the rescue on the back of the tow truck and the third truck ready to be towed to the second truck when it croaks. Rinse and repeat...

Kevin