My girlfriend and I own a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Eco-Diesel. Bought it new in October 2014, so far we have 13,000 miles on it. No real problems with it, it gets pretty good gas mileage, about 26-27 MPG mixed city and highway driving.

The power is good, we live on a ranch and constantly drive on dirt/gravel roads, uphill to our house. You can feel 4 wheel drive kick in automatically and feel the immediate traction.
Handling is great, high speed travel, all good road feel-nice and solid.

Now the bad, within the first 3 weeks of ownership, the check engine light came on, which of course, disables the remote start function..Rather annoying...Took it to the dealer, they reflashed everything and did a "software update".

Got it back, all is good for a week, then same thing, check engine light comes on, so they do another "software update", and also state that it needs a new redesigned catalytic converter, which of course is on back order and we are number 400-something, and that it wont be instock for several months....so we drive it with the check engine light on, which they say is harmless..

The following month I top off the DEF fluid with the "available everywhere" BLUE DEF from the parts stores. After topping off and driving a hundred miles, the check engine light comes on and "Incorrect DEF fluid, see dealer" comes up in the display. So they clear that code, do another "software update" and and state that it is recommended that I only use Mopar DEF at $11 bucks a gallon versus the $12 per 2.5 gallon jug at the parts store. dont know what the eff that was about, but OKAY. I don't buy it...

So we have it back now, and a couple weeks ago, a "service shifter, see dealer" lights up on the display. No problem in shifting gears or anything, but the little button you push on the shifter mechanism to get into gear, sticks in, and then playing with it for a minute, pops out...LOL...so it's back in the dealer for a replacement part within the shifter mechanism, which of course is not in stock and will take a week to get there...And the service guy states this is extremely odd, never heard of that shifter problem before...LOL

I pick it up on tuesday, Ill keep ya updated. I will remain optimistic, because i do like this Jeep, it handles great, gets good gas mileage, and has good power. But for 45 grand, jee whiz, why all the frickin software updates!!!!???

I'll keep ya updated....

408 Stroker 533 HP 520 FT LBS...........................1970 Dart RMS AlterKation