Quote:

So, I'm going to need to start getting back on my Dart to get it on the road. Does anyone know if the general parts store sell decent brake line benders and flaring tools? NAPA or Autozone perhaps? I have to redo a couple of lines my friend made for the front as I had to front mount my calipers. It didn't seem too hard as I saw my friend make the lines. Measure, bend, cut, flare...

Thank you!

Normally I agree with Goody, but the cheap one from auto zone worked for me so far.

A few years ago I was working on a brake job at work and lost one of the inserts you use to put the initial "bubble" into the tubing. You know how there's 4-5 sizes and I was missing the one I needed all of a sudden.

Went to Autozone on a Sunday and rented there flaring kit. It was only like 10-15 bucks deposit and the guy said if I didn't return it then I owned it for like 15 bucks or something like that, plus the rental cost. Less than 30 dollars total. So I never took it back, not worth my time. Have used it quite a few times since too and it does a fine job.

I replace a rotted, rusted section on one of my F-450s earlier this week and used that cheapy flaring tool. The truck is 2000 model so it took 15 years for it to happen. The cheap tool put a double wall flare on the original 2000 steel line and also on the end of the custom made replacement un coated steel line.
The parts counter guy said they are selling tons of brake line this time of year because of the salt.

The one(flaring tool) I got from Snap On 25 years ago is a Imperial Eastman, the best in the business. I wore that one out really. Still have it, just missing one of those inserts and never have remembered to order one from the Snap On guy that I see at work.
Plus that one now is in a service truck and gets used for single wall flares in copper tubing as a back up tool. We use a one piece flaring clamping tool now. Retired it to greener pastures. lol