The car came with 2 sets of wheel lip moldings (maybe for restoration later), not sure which was original. I think both we cut out, they are somewhere stashed in the garage.

The fenders are at the shop, they are rolled maybe for more than 6 inches I have seen posted once, as what I thought they were supposed to be.

All I am looking for, are what are the rules for a standard early 70 car with 15 inch wheels. My speculation is only hemi cars got them, and if so, just need to be told that, and I will have the fenders restored the right way. What is on the car now, likely is the result of big ass tires put on the cars front over the years (heck the back has H series). I speculate a F series upgrade over the E series would force someone to roll those fenders, and I bet that happened.

Here is one picture I have of the car in 74 (car still has those rear tires on it). I don't have the old tires that were on the front, as they were scrapped before I saw them. I speculate when he put on those Gillette H series, he did not whimp out with E series on front, and had to do something with the wheel lips. dang bike is in the way. Now on the other hand, I don't see a monster front tire bulging out though either, as you see the shadow in the that front wheel well. Only 2 sets of tires were ever on that car.

Also, are we sure early convertibles did not get special treatment? I just found out, this car showed up at a baxter dealership in Omaha Nebraska, built in the same month (feb), as a hemi 4 spd convertible (plum crazy purple, the infamous paint job car). That's pretty cool trivia. Maybe the factory that made them the same way when it came to fenders? totally guessing here. I mean, they put torque boxes on converts, maybe they treated these cars differently up front if they were a cuda convert? By feb 70, I doubt they built that many cuda converts with 15 inch wheels (maybe 50-100 cars is a guess). It was viewed as a performance car, an upgrade to the stock barracuda. Totally reaching.

Last edited by 5571; 03/03/15 05:37 PM.