Quote:

Quote:

Thanks heaps Ola.

I think this is a really sexy option on any 70 Barracuda/Gran Coupe/`Cuda, it really pops when you look at them, i would love to see the other colours that were offered in the V5* colour range also. I can see another addition for a part that is well needed in fact.

My Cuda is EF8/V5F. When I bought it in '89, the molding had badly faded from the FL sun into a medium brown. There is still a hint of green on the bottom edge, the edge that avoided most of the sunlight. It's hard to tell the original color but appears that V5F may have been similar to FJ5 Lime Light. The original owner said when the car was new, the V5F option was attractive because of it's striking contrast to the dark EF8 paint.

I asked why he ordered the V5F over the V6X. He thought the 440 hockey stripe looked too much like a 340 stripe and he didn't want his car to be confused with a mere 340 Cuda!

I was missing one piece, the right rear quarter, so when I had it painted, I put on a V6X. If there is a run of V5* molding, I'm in for a set if it's available in green.

Weren't there just 5 colors?
black
white
blue
red
green

Like Ken said, your list of colours are correct of what was available.

On another note, is your moulding off your car ?
If so i would really like to see the back side of it where the double sided tape was applied, that should be the exact correct colour of the moulding as it would have never seen sunlight for it to fade in that area. The reason they are not used or seen is because of what you explained, just a simple dropping off of cars over time and with age has caused this to happen, plus the sun does not help with fading and discolouration either.
Can you post pictures if you do have them off the car and if you have still got your tape in its place on the car would be good to see please.