Just did a 47RE for a customer $2100 total in a 4x4 01 ram. That includes basic upgrades like eliminating wavy snap rings and a low stall converter. Another shop tore it out and tore it down for him for $500 and wanted an aditional $4500 to put it back together. The only problem he had brought it in for was a leak and the only bad part I found was the front pump bushing and converter snout was going away.

An honest 1/2 of the guys coming in here looking for a re-build I can and do put them back on the road with band adjustments/fluid filter changes or sensor/solonoid replacement.

The big problem with rebuilder shops if the vast difference in auto trannys these days, they try to re-build every trans that comes through the door instead of trying to lear the intricacies of them all and what makes them tick, it is not possible for one guy to know how to do them all. They are not like an engine in that they all have pistons, rings bearings, cranks and valves, different variations of the same things. There are waaaaaaaay more variations of stuff going on in trannys. Special tools out the wazoo, some use planataries some don't and clutch clearance from one is totally different in another, some trannys like a 700R4 change stuff every year. If you are going to get a re-build find some one who specializes in the one you need. I won't even atempt a re-build on anything but a RWD 3 or 4 speed mopar. I only have 2 combacks in the last 5 years, one was my directly my fault the other was because I had been atempting to train my dad to do them and he left some bolts loose on the govenor and I failed to double check it.

Don't be afraid of JY units either if it is a reputable yard they give a 30-180 warranty and most of the JY trans failures I have seen ocurre in that time frame.

I am not causing global warming, I am just trying to hold off a impending Ice Age!