Quote:

Quote:

I think I would go with the magnum heads that take LA intake.
Enginequest maybe??

I am doing just that on a 360 that I have going together right now.
I did a 318 a few years ago, realy woke that one up too.

on your build; "police" block no different from any other 360 block.
You say "very little" wear; it dont take much out of round or taper to have a rebuild that doesnt last long, sorry to say.

and there are pistons that can be bought that will still bump the compression ratio but will also still run pump gas and they are cheap.
Just got a set of Speed Pro 9:1 hypereutectic coated ones from a place called Falcon Global via Ebay, $134 shipped, WITH moly rings included! Only took 2 days to get here. they have STD 0.020, 0.030, and 0.040 that I saw in seperate auctions.
They sit 0.060" closer to the deck (difference in compression height vs stock pistons) and have 4 valve reliefs.

But if you get a good motor from it as you are going, you have betetr luck than me. If I don't do it all up 100% (machine work, hot tank, etc) I find myself not satisfied with the outcome.

a reason I decided to just re-ring the motor other than cost is the fact that I had my 383 re-ringed 20 years ago and it still runs great. it leaks more oil than it burns and gets good milage. although the pistons are cheap, i would have to core it get the rods pressed off and back on.