Here is my understanding of the rod situation:

The engines built by Penske and Elliot(Granassi) typically use 2.0" journal and .927" pins. For Dodge, the rods will be 6.200" long. Petty, Arrington, Bill Davis tended to use the 1.88" and 1.84" rod journal. A lot of the rods you see for sale now are from the earlier "qualifying" engines used by all the teams about three years ago. Qualifying engines are no longer allowed.

The 6.30" and 6.40" rods are typically Ford rods. And they use a lot of .910" pins as well.

All of the Carillo and Lentz rods I have ever seen use Carr rod bolts---practically indestructable---but also about $480/set. The Carillo and Lentz rods with Carr bolts sell for about $2100/set. There are also some Childs and Albert rods used. They are really expensive, about $2600/set. They are not even listed in the C&A catalog. There may be some other brand of rods used, I just haven't come in contact with them.

Nascar engine builders cannot afford a failure---it cost too much $$$ not including loss of some sponsorship $$$ due to engine failure. So, they replace the rods on a precise schedule---and that means there are some good deals out there.

We have bought several sets of used Carillo, Lentz and even one set of C&A rods. I consider them an excellent deal; but, I also want to know what the history of the rods are. If they have passed through several hands over several years---I stay away from them. If I am the first person to get them from a team---then they are probably OK. I do not buy off e-bay---only from reputable used parts dealers---you may pay a little more---but you have more confidence in the true condition.