It's a frankenstein carb- 750dp metering blocks, original style 950 hp bowls, original style (non idle-eze) 750 HP main body.

The secondaries are open to expose a square of transition slot, the primaries should be in that ballpark. There are .014" wires in all four IFRs. I have adjustable air bleeds but the metering blocks are not tapped for replacable anything.

With the same carb on my old motor it would only stall on a really hard stop after a nice blast or it would generally only act this same way if it was cold like not warmed up yet. Hmm maybe that points to a lean condition like uncovered front metering orifices. It does respond well to a blip and then recovers idle well so maybe that's a good indicator of direction to tune in. Maybe some combo of smaller idle bleeds, richer 4 corner idle setting, higher float level, higher curb idle...

This carb was a touch rich on cruise on my old setup- airgap, 557 cam, ootb edelbrock heads. It seems to run pretty sharp and clean on this new combo- victor 340 intake, sft bullet cam around 247°@.050, .55" lift, ryan j stage II porting on the edelbrocks, 10.2:1.

I kind of expected to have to go a bunch richer with the single plane but it seems happy. There's still acc pump and top end tuning to do but this stalling is the only impediment to generally decent drivability. On paper it should flirt with 500hp at the crank but in the street I doubt I can put more than 3-350 thru the BFG t/a 275/60-15 tires anyway.

I can chase a summer tune and get some new ETs in the spring but right now I just want to feel confident that I'll get where I'm going without a lot of fancy footwork or having to drive wierd to avoid stalling.

I would totally put on a dashpot and thanks for the link- I will do some more research before I request more hand holding on that item. It would have to play nice with my aftermarket throttle bracket and I don't know if they are electric or vac or just a little buffer that the return spring overcomes slowly. My double return springs are not super beefy or strong.

In any case thanks for the responses. I am at work and won't get to wrench till maybe later this week so I want to have a game plan.

Radar