Howdy

I have been getting braver driving my new stroker build to work a couple times after cam break in and oil change, neighorhood romps etc. My plugs are looking clean, no pinging or knocking, good power and throttle response. The cam and headwork by shady dell gave the motor a very smooth personality and it idles with just a little lope at 900rpm.

My timing is 21 initial, 34 total. My fuel bowls dribble out the sight plugs when the car is nudged. I run an electric pump deadheaded. My IFRs are reduced making the idle screws just right around 1.6 turns out. My metering blocks have the white plastic whistles installed and the rear has jet extensions to keep them submerged on launch. I run pump premium.

If I am cruising and push the clutch the motor returns nicely to idle. If I slowly stop it is fine. If I stop even a little bit hard or turn 90* with the clutch in the car tries to die. When stopping I can leave it in 2nd and feather the clutch to keep the motor spinning then give a throttle blip as I'm almost stopped and she'll stay on, but that's a lot of footwork and sometimes you have to stop faster. On a turn I've been leaving it in gear and just pop the clutch when I get back on the gas.

This morning I tried 1/8 turn out (richer) on the idle screws and raised the curb idle to 1000- it is still stalling on stops and turns. To restart the car wants the throttle open a little, not pump shots, which leads me to believe it's flooding. Unfortunately my wideband is on the injured list.

What are some strategies to work on this problem short of a 1250rpm idle or a dashpot on the throttle? (if there was an easy dashpot kit I would actually not mind a slower return to idle as a bandaid but I haven't seen one)

Thanks Moparts!
radar