I had a shop replace the cracked windshield on our jeep. After several days outside in the rain I found over a gallon of water on the front and rear floor of the passenger side. I pulled trim and seats and have vacuumed, propped up and have been drying the carpet and sound deadening for two days. The rag insulation is still dripping wet, but getting better.
I decided to pull out the rubber bezel (trim) on the exterior side. This it the type that the glass sets on sealant and the trim (bezel)is set into the window sealant to basically cover the sealant and edge of glass. The bond was easy to break as it's been in only a couple weeks.
On the lower edge of the windshield I found a spot where the glass was not making contact with the glass, a strip about an inch wide at one part, 1/8" at the other.
Can this be successfully (and properly) sealed up without pulling the glass, or does it have to come out?
Also, should the trough at the bottom of the windshield be open to allow water to drain toward the fenders.
There seems to be a couple areas the sealant is creating dams that may be holding water at the bottom of the windshield and behind the rubber trim (bezel).
I don't know if I should go along with a patch, or ask for r&r.