Quote:

Yes correct R22 radio code on orig MSO

the car also has prototype 72-4 challenger taillight lenses

like previously mentioned, it was on the show car circuit til the mid 70s and parts got changed as the car got changed along the way

while the whole car hasn't been restored since its show car years,

it was heavily modified twice by Chrysler, then repainted by Chrysler, then Steve J had it repainted back to white

the customizers took liberties with the show cars and so did Chrysler as they liked to option up the cars for the show circut

Thanks Tony, so to beat the dead horse again could the radio (AM/FM 8 track) have been a pre production item?, perhaps like the steering wheel mentioned? or these items added later?

We've all seen, read or heard of pre production items, or items never intended for production making themselves out on early production or pilot cars, like half ring horns on early 70 E bodies, chrome slap stik shifters on early 70 E, bodies, cruise control on Shaker 6 bbl inductions, emblems where they shouldn't be regardless of factory specs/prints/drawings/memos/etc, combinations of options that aren't suppose to co-exists,...although the radio in question looks like a 71 C body, and I thought the same when I was looking for 70 E body dash/radio lay outs for reference, I thought this may be by chance an early production/pilot exercise on the E body platform?

Mike