it WTF,,,,,,,,,, why mess something up that works, the
old seal was the orange double lipped deal and sealed
up really nice in opinion,,,,,,,,, so I guess it's
back to the fel pro seal for me,,,,,,,, just wondering what
the deal is ????????????????

Thanks
Dave

I'll tell you EXACTLY what's going on

Yes, that's the ONLY seal we offer for the B and RB engines now.

Why? Because the largest and Best 2 piece O.E.M. seal manufacturer in the World stopped manufacturing ALL of their 2 piece rear main seals. Don't matter if it was for a Chevy, Ford, Cadillac, AMC or Mopar, they dropped their WHOLE line Cold Turkey, without warning!

The orange colored Viton was not a double lip, just a single and does nothing for sealing as it's only a contaminant (dust & dirt) exclusion lip.

The black seal you have is made from a Polyacrylate rubber. This seal is made in the Exact same mold as the Viton seal and is more than adequate to seal up your motor for the amount of time it's going to be together.

Am I happy about the discontinuation of these parts? Absolutely Not! I've personally sold MILLIONS of them.

Once the black Polyacrylate seals are gone from our inventory, they are gone for good. The previous time they stopped production I bought 10's of thousands of dollars worth of product. Anything I could get my hands on..... this time, not that lucky. I only ended up with 2,000 of them for the 273-340's and could off every single one of them tomorrow if I wanted.

There have been so many changes in the automotive industry the past 10 years it's almost worthy of a stroke. Most have no idea just how deep the root is that's been pulled out

So in closing if you are not happy with the seal you have now, return it and go buy the one in the Blue package.