Quote:

Why doesn't someone make a mount that bolts to the GenIII and replicates the location of the ears on an LA block. Then you can just use whatever LA setup fits your body.

Same adapter mount for a 65 Cuda, 87 Diplomat, 92 Ram, etc instead of all this monkey works they have today.

nah, be too obvious and simple. Couldn't charge a buttload of cash for it.

Because factory mounts suck, most Gen III would turn a factory mount to hamburger. Another problem is the way the acc are on a Gen III, using a factory configuration means you lose A/C and your factory oil filter location. Then the other alternative is a truck front cover with acc up high, what comes with that is you have to run a truck intake or a carb style intake because a car EFI factory intake will hit the truck cover. It sucks, that's why I went my own route, I looked at all this and everything had "extra fab work" written all over it. So I fabbed my own and removed the drivers engine mount tower off of my K member completely. That way in the future I can run a OEM size A/C compressor in the factory 6.1 location and only need a longer belt. I have to thank Wade and a few other guys for diving in ahead of me and showing me the hurdles they had to jump over on their own cars. That saved me ALOT of cuss words.

Mopar to the bone!!!