Quote:

i cant see how moving the switch would make any difference.
Mick

By doing this you change the positions the contacts touch each other and if it has a bad contact point you will overcome/change that in the throw of the action. As for the washer, I cant think of a washer right off, most I have been into jsut have the screws holding the switch down. I would worry more about the tightness of the 2 halves, this is what X is referring to in one of his post, if the 2 parts of the switch that swing against each other are not tightly crimped then it can make it where the contacts don't touch each other. I might take the switch out and hold it in my hand, but still have it plugged in, switch it so the turn signal in question is activated and squeeze, wiggle and poke it to see if I could make it make contact. Electricity follows a path, if the path is interupted it just stops there and waits for the path to be connected before it proceeds, your path has a gap in it, test light the switch wires on the moving plate and see if there are in fact not making contact.

I'll say it again, if there is power going in and no power coming out, then it is the switch. The switch however may be fixed rather than replaced, bad connections can occur and be cured within the switch.

Good luck!

Careful, your character's showing!