For years I've been tossing around the idea of converting my 1972 Coronet driver to EFI. Obviously the car isn't worth a ton of money so I cringe at the idea of spending thousands on an aftermarket system. It also is only packing a 318 with no huge performance mods, it's just a car I enjoy driving. So to make it more reliable, possibly get better mpg, and just to see if I can do it, I've thought about doing an inexpensive EFI using late LA throttle body injection parts from a junkyard. I would love to do multi-port, but changing to Magnum heads is cost prohibitive.

So here's the idea, I start with a throttle body and intake from a junkyard. I haven't looked closely at one but I would suspect that most of the sensors should be contained there; coolant temp, air charge temp, and throttle position. I'm not sure about the MAP, but if it's like the 80's FWD it's remote mounted. I could take the engine harness as a start for the wiring.

I would imagine I would need to get the timing cover and crank pulley for the crank position sensor.

Before removing the carb I could take it to an exhaust shop and have an O2 bung welded in.

Everything could be run by a Megasquirt controller.

I'm not sure what to do about the fuel pump. I haven't been able to find any info on the pressure and flow requirements. I would like to mount it in the tank so I don't have to run a return fuel line and make for a cleaner installation. I'm not sure if anyone offers an fuel pump that fits in the stock b-body tank.

What else am I missing? Thinking about starting to gather parts for spring.

No longer taking $h!t from anyone!