Quote:

Quote:

well the rivet nuts were a COMPLETE FAILURE!! Now i got a mess from hell. Dont see how they are of any use. I installed the damn things and went to tighten the bolts up when mounting the ECU and the stupid rivet nuts turned! They refuse to grip the sheet metal enough to tighten much at all. I had to grab them with a pair of dykes and rip them out of the firewall. Now i am screwed.

That sucks , there are better choices than the one you ended up using , but I'm sure that was all you could find in a local hardware store , but you should have drilled it out and not ripped it out , but I understand the frustration.

What does the firewall look like now ?

well, i managed to play around with the holes in the firewall and got them beat down to where they would fit another rivet nut but whats the point if they dont work..I dont see how or why anyone uses these since you cant go past finger tight...? I didnt buy the rivet nuts or the tool. A guy at work had it. When i installed the first one it spun real easy, so i re-set it with the tool with a lot more pressure and snapped the handle in half on his tool and had to buy him a new one and it was not cheap! It was a marson thread setter brand. Like i said, if i put that much pressure to break the damn tool and the rivet nut cant grab any better than that, then why do people use them..?