Quote:

Quote:

How often have you needed more torque than it is capable of?

For removing lug nuts, probably 1/2 the time. Of course, many of the shops that put the lugs nuts on use 3/4 air impacts. Which is what I have to use to knock them loose. In other words, the lug nuts are way over-torqued.

Other than that, the Milwaukee probably gets the job done nearly 90% of the time. I'll never be without one again.

My Milwaukee is an 18v, which is quite a bit more powerful than the 12v ones I have seen. And the battery charge does pretty good, too. It is not perfect, there are some things about it I don't like. But overall it has been a handy, dependable tool.

This is why I bought the good 1/2" air impact, so I know I'm going to get the lug nut off right away and not screwing around getting another tool or battery to finish.

I put on lug nuts with my 12V 3/8 drive cordless impact many times. Then checked them with a torque wrench, they were tight enough. But not worth a damn if you are trying to get air impacted nut off, IMO.

And I seriously doubt anyone is using a 3/4" impact to put on reg lug nut's, because it's too heavy to use like that and would snap off the lugs real easy tightening them. I use these all the time for a long time now.
They are using good 1/2" impacts like mine above and then the best 1/2" electric won't touch them, not even the average air one will. NOt saying over torque is good, it's really bad. I used to have to get that heavy 3/4" out every so often too to get some loose, not anymore on light duty vehicles. The new 1/2" is very light and that's good on your body and very powerful.