I have been using 3 snap on ones for over 10 years now. They are alright, the batterys suck. They never last long enough for the job at hand. The snap on batterys are a rip off. I am on my 3 rd set of batterys. I hardly use them anymore and just use air so I'm sure that I get the job done without changing batterys. All three of mine are 3/8 drive because my crew used them for my race car for the engine at first when they were new. Don't need 1/2" for the engine.

I also got tired of using a cheap 1/2' air impact that had trouble getting some fasteners loose. So last year I bought this snap on impact, magnesium housing and 900 ft lbs of torque. It's been great to use this past year at work. I keep one cordless at work, it hasn't been out of my drawer in a year. The other 2 I keep at home and use them a little more often, same deal the batterys are always dead or weak when I need it.
I know you don't care about air, but here is the ultimate 1/2" impact wrench IMO.

These are a couple of my cordless wrenches, they have not only been used racing, I used them heavily in a truck repair shop. They get tossed around and have held up great, the batterys just suck, did I mention that?