Quote:

That is awesome Doug. Glad to hear your engine program is finally where you want it to be. You must be one of the only trucks at your level either side of the border running an automatic. That is assuming you still are. I haven't seen anything where you said you switched to a slipper. You know the old puller saying "a clutch is worth 20 feet". as I also run an automatic.
Mark

We are staying pretty stubborn with the Auto. This is the first time an Auto failed us. But We are pretty sure it's our own fault. Over the offseason last year the "special" fluid we were using separated.

There are two others trucks in the eastern states that Run Auto's and have a Sonny and Goodwin Engine. They do pretty darn well also. I can't really believe the "20 foot" thing. if thats true we would be winning pretty much ever race by ten feet. Can't figure that.

At the end of the season we wen;t with a higher Stahl Torque and it really helped. There is also one guy trying a lock up converter trans but lets just say...... it wasn't working well.

8317413-photo1copy3.JPG (64 downloads)