Quote:

Quote:

CNC ported heads are still the way to go, because it saves SO MUCH hand work. Most Pro-Stock engine builders order CNC ported castings from CFE by the pallet and then put THEIR touches on it. I have a friend who does Pro-Stock heads and he said he may have 8 hrs in a set of ready to go PS heads now, where he used to spend a week when he started with as cast stuff.

But as stated before, CNC heads should still he touched up by hand for best performance. As an example, I just bought a brand new set of 14* CNC ported Big Chiefs from one of the most well known head shops out there. And even though port and chamber designs have come a long way in the past few years, these heads were identical to the 14* heads I bought from the same company about 6 years ago. That's what I meant about a LOT of companies don't update their programs on a regular basis.

Monte

Hey Monty if you have Mopar heads CNC'd, who do you use?

Whoever I buy them from. If I buy INDYs I get the CNC version, if I buy B-1s from Brodix, I get the CNC version. Really doesn't matter, because I know they are going to get worked on more anyway.

Monte