Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I don't care how good of a programer you may or may not be nothing replaces flow bench and track testing.

totally

But with the proper feedback and the right machinist and or programmer it would be darn close right off the machine.

Are you using a CAD or CAM software for surface modification? If CAM which one? Just curious how you do surfaces with the majority of them (especially a port) being not true geometry.
As far as most CNC porting shops, the way I understand it is they take one hand ported intake and exhaust port (could be great, could be crap)have it scanned and then pattern and mirror it for the head. Doubt they have a CAD user who can manipulate the model to counteract core shift. Maybe Modern can chime in on this.

I personally own and use my software's at the place I work at. They are SolidWorks and CamWorks. I feel they are great softwares together. FWIW, CP Pistons also uses CamWorks for their stuff too.
But also to counteract core shift, you need to know if it is shifted in the first place and how much and which way. If you're going full out on the porting, the head needs to be sonic checked or x-rayed first. Not just bolt the head down and push the cycle start button. IMO.
Yes, you do need to be able to counteract core shift by manipulating the solid model a bit. Also just MO.
But according to other people on this post, button pusher CNC guys like myself, aren't smart enough to fix a bad flowing port. Only a guy with a fast spinning piece of sandpaper on the end of a stick is. That's other peoples opinion

Greg

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Cost is irrelevant, making memories is far more valuable!biggrin