Quote:

So when you add all the power adders that are required to make Ford 4.6 worth 2 S$$t's how much does it weigh? No advantage to those engines whatsoever.

The 20 year old 4.6DOHC will make enough RWHP with bolt-ons to run a 3500lb Mustang well into the 11's. Actually build the bottom end (with some compression and better rods) and you can dip tens. Actually spend some money... and i'm talking no more money than the average Mopar build here... and you can make 400-450RWHP. Again, in a 3500lb Mustang, thats enough power to run 10's. Its kinda ov odd the numbers never quite seem to impress... yet, the performance does. Maybe mods are like Buicks... ('Buick math is different')? They god damn RUN. Why does it seem take the average Mopar 500HP to run into the 11's, yet a 281cid Ford can do it with so much less? I could care less about the dyno brag at this point... If my theoretical 4.6 swap happened (it wont), that'd be one fast car. To say nothing ov the advantages it would have cornering... with that 410-425lb engine up front. Thats over 50lbs lighter than a slant-6...

Thats not even getting into the already proven over and over and over superiority ov the new Coyote (with its mind blowingly huge 302cid). No boost or NOS needed. Mods are ALLLLLLLL about N/A power as far as i'm concerned. I dont expect to win any coverts here, but dont tell me those aren't wicked little powerplants.

Ignore technology at your own peril. Hell... even the import guys are catching up... and they've got NOTHING to work with cid-wise...