Quote:

Quote:

Well, if you're really set on solid mounts and ambitious, you can always swap out the spool k-member for and sandwich type and use Moroso mounts! But that's more work than fabricating & welding the end caps on the spool mounts. One last option would be a motor plate. But that leaves a long, unsupported area between the water pump & trans mount. (Not good if the trans blows.)

Poly can't be that bad. It's debatable, but I've always liked the idea of a torque strap as well so the actual block isn't stressed, even with solid mounts.

Thought about the K-member swap too. I don't want to do that because it's still a fairly clean, stock #'s matching car (for the most part)...so I'm hesitant to do that. Guess I could keep the original...but I'd have to store it. That sucks.

I guess it's not just the poly I don't care for. I don't really like this style mount. Looks to me the only advantage is assembly at the factory. Otherwise...I can see no reason why the spool is better than the old system.

What, you think the motor only goes in at the factory??? A lot easier with the spool mounts, especially if you are leaving the trans in place. Don't really understand what your problem is?? - but - as said, weld plates on the ends of the spool mounts and you are there. No K member hassles.

Fastest 300