Quote:

I see you are located in Idaho? If the elevation is high where you are, it might be tough to go 8 teens at 2750 lbs. Not saying it can't be done, but if my weather tech is correct it will take somewhere around 1050 dyno hp to give you an 8.15 ET at 3,000 DA.
As far as cams go, an apples to oranges comparison is all I can chime in with. 528, alky, 15/1 compression, 440-1 heads that flow 380 cfm, cam is 283/296/112 in at 110. Lift is .775 intake, .685 exhaust. I would guess you could use a couple more degrees on the intake duration and a touch more lift on both , maybe a 113 LSA or so? The best bet is to get a recommendation from a couple of cam companies and see what they come up with. I would check with Comp, Bullet, Lunati, to name three. Steve at Lunati seemed to be very informed, and the grind he recommended for me had some serious .200 duration numbers compared to other cams with similar .050 numbers. One thing I worried about was how harsh those Lunati lobes would be on parts.
There are a couple of guys that ought to chime in hear shortly, guys that have very similar motors.

oops sorry. Yes our elevation is right around 2720' at the track.

Greg

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Cost is irrelevant, making memories is far more valuable!biggrin