I couldn't loosen the petcock on the block...i guess 14 yrs of corrosion has led to this. I had the vinegar in there....full up....i drained it....i filled it up twice more with tap water.....drained each time..Threw the system flush in the radiator...topped up....got to temperature 180ºF + another 20 minutes to cycle it....let it sit there for 12 hours...drained...flushed block twice again with tap water...removed the water pump...flushed each side with tap again plus the heater core.

On a bright note, my temp doesnt break 180º.

I am going to call my buddy tomorrow and have him get me the military grade Glycol that his friend sells to them. They use them in diesel trucks for the Army....I am going to drain the system again on Monday. I'll cry over the loss of one bottle of Prestone and the 8000 mile trip it made. I'll get my folks to bring me a Prestone backflush kit and put it in line with my heater hose. No other choice at this point....I have like 4 more Prestone Radiator flushes...I'll toss one more in there and drive the car around....and purge the block one more time...

Small price to pay to keep my aluminum components intact

Family owned 1969 Charger R/T DualQuad 440/727/GVO/3.55s