Hey guys,

I've got a rust bucket '71 Charger I'm scrapping. Today I was trying to remove the door glass and regulators before tossing the doors... but it turned into an exercise in frustration.

I checked my '71 Chrysler/Plymouth/Imperial phone book of a service manual and didn't find it all that helpful.

It appears that I have to remove the 4 fasteners that hold the glass to the lifting track to pull it out. All 4 (3 screws and a bolt) just spin and there doesn't seem to be any way to hold them steady.

It also appears to be impossible to remove the glass without removing this track first. I'd tried to loosen the two vertical glass tracks and pull it all out... I don't think that will work either.

While I'm talking about the two vertical tracks... what the heck were they thinking when they put those two studs on the bottom of the door shell ? Of course they are rusty and square top inside the door is just spinning... and all but impossible to grab with pliers to hold.

I haven't even attempted to remove the qtr. windows yet... but any help would be appreciated.

2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker smile

1000 ci Brass Era Speedster project