Quote:

The gen 3 works. I like the R5 P7 also but if you can only afford a 358" (like I could have bought) it seems like getting the right converter is a nightmare and they want a huge converter, that takes the fun out of driving my car to me. Big W heads it is

A 8" 7000 stall converter for a 800 + HP engine with a 7600-9500 powerband does not stall 7000 at street rpm. I ran one with 4.10 gear a 1.76 first an 33" tires. It was very streetable and got 15mpg. "This is what I call an excuse". If I hadn't tested documented and posted my results, would agree with your issues. But, it is proven not to be an issue.

Moving on....
Gen3 hemi heads do not outflow exotic LA heads.300cfm is not even comparable to 410+. And really a W8 is not exotic anymore. P5 is exotic and their numbers are out of site.

I like the gen3 just like to see people realize aftermarket designs is what is running the big power. Although the built up stock engines are impressive to.

In the past 15 years there have been several sb heads available. They were just more expensive. The edelbocks were priced better but are 38 year old design. The Indy's are also a very old design. Anyone remember Batton? arrignton even made a head for 59 degree blocks. They made good power.

Career best 8.02 @ 169 at 3050# and 10" tires small block power.