Quote:

Thinking about changing my 26' Pace Shadow trailer from 15" tires to 16". Those of you that run the 16" tires, what size/brand do you run? Would I be better off with a trailer tire (like GY Marathon) or with a LT truck tire? It is my understanding that ST tires (special trailer) are only speed rated for 60-65 mph.
I'm really tired of the ST225/75R15 blow outs. I put on load range E, and air them to 90 psi cold. Still had a failure last week
Thanks,
Brian

Personally I would get a different trailer before I would try to swap wheels and tires. Because your still have too small of axles after all that work and money.

Personally I like goodyear marathon trailer tires because I have had excellent luck with them. My last 4 15" I bought were still made in the US, not sure about today. Before this trailer I ran 3 set's of 6 16" goodyears on my 49' trailer and ran 125K miles and NEVER had a blow out, never in 8 years of trailing.

As most of you now know now, never buy a enclosed trailer with 15" wheels. There nothing but trouble and allows the dealer to sell you the trailer cheap now. Is it really cheapest in the long run? Heck no!!

I'm thinking folks who live in Az or some place like that, the heat must be really hard on tires during storage.

And the other thing is most folks have there enclosed trailers overloaded and don't even know it and that's why there blowing tires. That's what causes blow outs, over weight and under inflated. Kitchen cabinets don't belong in trailers, there way too heavy and stuff like that.

I have 15" goodyears on my open trailer and got back from a trip out west. another 3900 miles and luckily no tire trouble. We have been to Fla, Niagara Falls, Mich and Wyoming so far this year and no tire trouble. Honestly my trailer tires have over 50K miles on them now and they are 4 years old now.

Lastly always, ALWAYS run your trailer tires 10# over what the sidewall says, always!

Simple trailer doing what it's designed to do, it does not have extra tool boxes and tire racks added onto the trailer that makes extra weight.
Badlands SD.