Quote:

Quote:

I'm kinda curious too. I run e rated ST225/75R15 too and just had a blowout after 3 years and less than 6000 miles. Tire look good but?? Maybe 3 years is the norm

I'm thinking you are right with the 3 years is norm statement. I have tried various brands and rated tires and it seems like 3 years is the ticket no matter how many miles on them. I actually think the less miles due to the way we use our trailers has an effect on their longevity. I was also thinking of changing to 16" tires but not sure if thats the fix

I just returned from a 3200 mile round trip and one of our 4 year old 16" tires gave out 160 miles from home on the return trip. Checked them over before we left and the tread wear was pretty significant and was pretty much thinking that would be the last trip for them..... I was actually pleased that we were going to replace a set of tires because they actually wore out!! But.... the more I think about this, and read, I'm betting the 235/85/16 tires are going to live the same 2 year life span our 15" tires did because the trailer now resides in the desert. My dad had it in SoDak and the climate is alot more tire freindly than the oven I live in. The Load Star tires (china) were originals on this Cargo Mate trailer and were E rated and said 10 ply with a 95psi max psi rating. The set I'm putting on also say 10 ply E rated, but have a max psi of 80...also a china tire. The only other seemingly "better" option out there for the 16" is a "G" rated tire, but you have to have the rims to support them (110psi) and they are not cheap... 250-300 range, and then 150+ per rim. Also most of the wheels that fit this range are 8 lug although I did find some 6 lugs that would fit the bill. I just hate to make a $1500+ investment to find out that the climate in which I live/tow will kill them off in 2-3 years anyways. I've even found that after 4 years I best chit can the E rated tires on my pickup. Last set of Michelin LTX i owned got chit canned at 5 years still had 8/32 tread..... they were dry rotted.

here's an example for the trailer tire:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LT235-85R16-LRG-...K-/110846489825