Track is notorious as being poorly prepped for 'wingless' high powered door cars (Ask Hemi Fred or Bob Reed....and that was what? Several years back?

It's going to be interesting...Friday there was easily LESS than Half of the normal crowd there, in fact if you took all the people on each side and made them sit next to eachother there wouldn't have been enough butts to fill 3 sections of bleachers (Ex: Sections A though C). To me (and a lot of people) If you take the 'under the lights' night session away from a Friday, you kill much (if not most) of the incentive to even go...

That being the case, I'm willing to bet that Mr. Bruton is not going to dump a bunch more $$$ into resurfacing...not with all the problems he's already having filling NASCRAP seats...

I predict Speedway MotorSports (Bruton's company) will be looking (if not already in the works....which knowing Bruton it is) to divest themselves of the NHRA fairly quick, not enough players with deep enough pockets to refill the hole that's going to make.

Track seems great for either sub 6 second cars with wings or slower bracket cars, as for Pro Stock....maybe they need some type of Z axis yaw sensor that limits/kills power once they start skating above say 100 mph, no downforce of course also means your brakes aren't going to do very much for you...easy fix and the technology is already there...but of course that also means it could be manipulated to work as a traction control device.

As you can see (evident how the cars can invert and stay more-or-less on path) that a Pro Stock car is about as aerodynamic upside down as it is right side up....just like a bullet. So the tires aren't doing much gripping for the brakes to do very much on the big end without the chute deployed.

Last edited by Streetwize; 09/15/14 12:22 PM.

WIZE

World's Quickest Diahatsu Rocky (??) 414" Stroker Small block Mopar Powered. 10.84 @ 123...and gettin' quicker!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mWzLma3YGI

In Car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjXcf95e6v0