In my stock pan with the horizontal plates welded in (front, rear and both sides), I also drilled some 1/4" holes at a few staggered places to, theoretically(?), help with oil return into the sump.

Having the pan modified with oil control baffles was the single best mod I've ever done to the car... to save the engine. As I've said before, too bad MaMopar didn't make these pans and others, with oil control baffles in the first place.

IF anyone runs an autocross/road course without a baffled pan, and then, at the end of the run you hear the hydraulic lifters ticking.. and you will hear them ticking!... then you really need to make the pan modification ASAP (or just get the Milodon pan)... or stop autocrossing until you get a baffled pan... or... you WILL end up halting the autocrossing because your engine WILL wipe out its bearings.

I have a mechanical oil pressure gauge and I've watched it best as possible during autocross and road course events (or while someone else drive my car and I'm the passenger)... rarely will it drop below 40-30 psi under severe cornering... typically stays at ~60 psi even while running through the hard turns/curves, accel/decel.... and NO lifter noise at all after any run.

I still intend to get a Milodon pan... Some of you might remember, from a few years ago, that Mopar Collector's Guide magazine named it one of the 10 Best new aftermarket items for us -- long over-due for us Mopar fans.

Last edited by Mopar Mitch; 08/25/14 04:46 PM.