Several years ago I built a pan for a KA engine going into a 510. Car was to be an aggressively driven street toy. That meant moving the sump & pick-up from the front to a little to the rear of a typical Mopar pan, but with rear steering it wasn't a true rear sump. For oil control we didn't want to spend the time on hinged gates. What I came up with was a pair of full sump depth V's facing each other open end to open end with the points fore and aft. Small pieces were fitted between the V points and the front and rear walls of the sump. There was about a 1/2" gap between them at the ends. Then I formed a second set of same size V's and placed them 90° to the first pair with their points centered on the gaps with about a 1/2" gap between the sides of each new V and the sides of the first pair. The pick-up was placed in the center of all of this.
The car never suffered for lack of oil, but it never saw something like Turn 9 at Willow Springs either.
The premise was that oil was raining back down into the sump at the same rate that it was being sucked out, so worst case re-filling the volume directly around the pick-up wouldn't be that much slower than the rate that the oil was being sucked out, but that the over-lapping baffles would keep the oil from being able to move away from the pick-up no matter what direction the G forces were.
Not sure that I'd do this for a dedicated track car, but might be worth trying on a similarly driven car. Sorry, no pics - pre digi-cam.

I used to swerve around my hallucinations, now I drive right thru them.