Quote:

Glad I saw this thread.
Why couldn't Dodge put the fuel tank and battery on the right side?
I had a '91 D150 with the lean. I installed a new left coil spring, no change.
I need replace the UCA bushings on my '84 D100, it also has the lean. When I do, I'm cutting a half coil off the left spring like VL21 did. Might even drop the front a bit and cut 1.0 coil right, 1.5 coils left.

Now if I can only find the best fix for the the dreaded upper drip rail rust.

NO! NO! the right is the one to cut, if you cut any! Remember, that is the side that is higher!

I understand, though, that with your advancing age it might be a chore to remember ...

I also have a theory on the roof rust ... after looking at a number of these things, (especially the '85 I have now) I think that the problem is caused by the poor seam sealer that was used by Chrysler, the roof outer panel is only spot welded in place, and the seam is IN, as in above, the rain gutter, so that when the gutter is full of water, after the factory seam sealer sort of thins out or fades away, the water goes in, under the outer panel, between the spot welds. At least mine was.

On the '85 I was getting water between the inner and outer panels, then it would leak at the ends near the pillars.

I used some roofing sealer (asphalt/tar looking stuff, think it has a little fiberglass) to lay a new bead in the channel, across the front and part way back above the doors, couple layers, masked the roof and gutter off, not visible from the ground, seems to have stopped the water ...

8221069-027.jpg (293 downloads)

It takes gasoline to interest me.