Small update, though it took me about 1/2 a day ...

First, I swapped in the '01 (or 99 or 00) door seal I picked up (would you believe it is only about 8-10" longer than the '85? Doors look much bigger).

This seal moves the seal part more toward the door opening wall (think expanding a circle) seems like about 1/4", probably not that much but in the overall circumference, it adds up.

This helped some, so I took the door apart and installed the driver door portion of the kit I had (channels, fuzzies, etc everything but the door seal), this just tightened up the flopping glass. I figured that if I had to slam the door hard at least the glass wouldn't be bouncing around inside.

I have moved the doors outward on the hinges, body panels align, driver striker is actually just a tad out too far (rear edge of door slightly outboard of cab corner, run a finger over it and it will catch) and still hard to close.

BTW, this is a Precision kit, some parts of it are fine, the whiskers leave a lot to be desired especially at the rear, curved up area, and the door opening seal really doesn't feel stiff, or hard, seems very much the same as the factory from the junk yard.

Going back to the yard today for an inside handle and window crank, do some shopping ... want to measure up some sway bars, something bigger than the factory one I have now ...

Still not happy with the force needed to close the doors, even with the tired but intact used factory ones in there now.

For instance, close the door to the first click of the latch, it is not possible to push the door closed to the second click, it must be slammed.

At least the windows aren't flopping around ...

It takes gasoline to interest me.