Can anyone provide any insight on the lower end Chinese forged cranks? I'm looking for a 3.9 stroke crank with RB mains/2.200 rods and the only place that lists such a crank is Ohio crankshaft, I've personally never used any Ohio cranks but know several people who have with mostly decent results however Ohio will not have any available nor any 3.75 stroke cranks that could be offset ground to 3.9 for several months. I could offset grind a forged factory crank but would rather have a crank with fillets in the journals. I know K1, Molnar, and CompStar are supposed to be the best of the imports but since I will most likely be starting with a 3.75 and putting it right in the crank grinder anyway to offset grind and probably go .010 under on the mains Ive been looking at the really low end stuff like RPM, PEP, and Procomp so any potential issues with journal size, taper, and fillets would be a non-issue. Are there any other problems with the mentioned cranks as far as the raw forging, thrust faces, and ability to balance them without a ton of work? Also, has anyone had a lab test and verify the metallurgy on any of the Chinese 4340 cranks?
Application will be approximately 675 horsepower.

Last edited by GTS340; 07/09/14 03:35 PM.