It seems that quality rockers for the B/RB start at $400.00.

In my book it's too much and in order to need the rockers you'd have to build an engine much hotter than what you seem to want.

I'd use cam no bigger than the Comp XE275HL and keep the stock rockers.

I'd keep it a 383 block, they are quite reasonable in price for the bare block. Keep overbore to a minimum to keep nice stiff cylinder walls. Use the 440Source stroker kit and heads. Shoot for 10.0 compression with the aluminum heads, it will run on pump premium and might run on mid-grade.

Here's some don'ts:

Don't put a dime into your stock heads until you get a written quote for the total cost. That's if you are tempted to use the stock heads. Keep in mind that the bigblock head doesn't flow any more than a good 340 head, stock. The aluminum heads can be worth up to 80hp over the stockers, stock for stock, and will make a smaller cam pull like a larger cam.

Don't use stock Mopar rods, or for that matter rod journal size. Stock Mopar rods and pistons are clubs and should be replaced with lighter, stronger parts. Use the bigblock chevy rod journal, which fits a longer stroke inside the crankcase without requiring much grindiing, also reducing the diameter of the rod journal cuts bearing speed and journal weight, which has to be accelerated.

Don't listen to the big cam guys here, you are not building a race motor. Or at least I don't think you are.

Don't buy into the thought that strokers are somehow "different". They are just larger versions of the same motor. In the 70s there were hundreds of thousands of oldses and pontiacs and cadillacs that came off the line with strokes of 4.21, 4.25, and 4.31. They had cams with durations no longer than 232@ 50 lift, and car writers at the time blasted the longer-duration cams for hurting driveability. We've come a long way since then, but I'd put 232 degrees at 50 lift as the upper limit of the intake lobe.

Don't think you can buy ANY stroker kit or set of aftermarket heads without measuring everything, and checking clearances. Even if you buy a balanced kit. A balanced kit is just that, balanced. Nobody "just happened" to check the clearances as they were picking up the pieces to weigh them.

Don't think you need deep gears for a stroker street car. You'll have trouble getting it to hook on the street with 3.55s or 3.23s.

Good luck with your project.

R.