Quote:

So, in some circles, 'BFG's suck'...

Ain't heard too many complaints...

Well, I've had BFG that have had belt seperation withing a few thousand miles and tread seperation within 10k, and balancing issues. Granted, any tire can have these issues and I still bought BFGs after these problems, but they certainly ain't the Schiznit. They do look nice though and in the 15" tire sizes, their primary use any more is typically cruising. I'd bet most of us on here will dry rot our tires before the tread wears out.

For RWL 15" tires, you may have to look at some off brands. Hercules AP 4000, Dean Stinger GTS, Mastercraft Avenger. Some easier to find versions may be the Cooper Cobra, Mickey Thomson ST, certainly the BGF versions, or any of the offerings in the Coker catalog. As mentioned above, Mastercraft, Cooper, and MT ST are all made by Cooper. The Mickey Thompson SR, which is also available in 15" sizes but not with RWL, is not made by Cooper and is probably one of the most modern carcass designs in 15" along with the Maxxis Marauder MAS1, also a blackwall tire.

You may be able to find some old stock of Goodyear, Dunlop, Firestone and Uniroyal, but I believe all of these guys have gotten out of the RWL 15" tire business.