I suspect that brake technology has progressed in pretty big strides lately, in the area of pads/fluids. I have been around racing applications since discs (solid) were introduced. And surprisingly Nascar had to wait for the technology to progress enough before they became a user. That said, and I have said before, any un ducted brake system that can lock a tire in use, and doesn't fade, in competition should be considered over capacity in whatever way you choose to measure. Racers have for decades added ducting/blowers to be able to reduce the size of the heat sink, and all the benefits that reduced heat sink provides. I am doubtful many here are experiencing brake fade with a properly set-up brake system ( balanced correctly, correct pads for application, fresh bleed fluid). Anybody suffering severe brake fade has a problem with their brake system, or it s undersized for the application, or their driving technique might be in need of improvement. The only way to actually determine that, is to push the system to point of approaching brake fade. That should not be hard to do, if the system is balanced properly, concerning suspension, F/R, HP, etc. If that fade is difficult to achieve, ducting will provide more then enough safety margin for one's peace of mind, if it the can't, something is not in balance and you have brake system overkill, to a proven performance detriment. I have heard others say that brake ducting is difficult, well only if you haven't tried, and F1 aero is not a big concern. Anything is a lot better then nothing. I also get a kick out of the bigger brakes givening better modulation crowd, well if you are braking at 100% thresholds at over 100mph with the typical cars here, you are first 1 in 1000? and can't be gaining much insight on this forum. If you are running under 100mph and or autocross, your oversize brakes are costing you time.

FWIW at the recent optima Daytona,less then 1/3 of the cars had brake ducting, which for a competition event seemed rather strange, it was hot, it was long, and Daytona was/is likely one of the faster courses in the series. No way to find out reliability what factor brake fade played, on most of the big brake cars. remember it is 3+ miles long, serious banking, and possible to hit 160mph.

I think the last paragraph is fairly accurate, and I'm sure there will some disagreement on how to interpret my observation.

Reality check, that half the population is smarter then 50% of the people and it's a constantly contested fact.