Quote:

So I notice here for almost the first time in a decade, a brake size discussion "of mine are bigger then yours" on brakes that includes more then a mere suggestion on the package weight. We have actually made progress.

To bad its a little more complicated to include MOI in casual rotor discussions since diameter is such a factor.

IMO, weight matters, but in a different way than you're saying.

Ideally, you want the lightest rotors that will handle the heat. For less-than-competitive racing, I like my 28 pound rotors- they're a huge heat sink and stave off brake fade.

A point of reference - Matt Robertson road races a dodge magnum, and switched from lightweight 2 piece rotors back to factory rotors. Why? Because the two piece rotors were very expensive and wouldn't hardly last a weekend. The factory SRT8 rotors last multiple weekends, cost much less, and didn't get as hot doing so.

I agree that increasing unsprung rotating mass isn't good, but it doesn't outweigh the benefits of the increased heat sink (i.e. weight) for most.

-'02 Dodge Viper Ex-World Challenge racecar
-'73 Duster, 6.1 based 392 hilborn hemi, tko600, full floater rear 9", Hellwig custom bars, viper brakes, built for road course