Quote:

A large throttle blade is like a switch. Once it uncovers a certain amount of the area of the bore, you will need LOTS of fuel, very quick, to cover the huge gulp of air it is getting ready to take. Air speed is very low here, PLUS, the carb has no boosters........so how does it get fuel. The answer is that you have to meter it early, which generally makes these carbs extremely rich down low. They pretty much have to be, to cover the transition when you stick your foot in it.

Guys talk about the throttle response is great. Well, if you are just revving it or have a very loose converter, it might be, but common sense tells you part throttle on these is about impossible to manage. No way a carb can react THAT quick to such huge swings in air volume when you are moving that big blade.

I tune a bunch of small tire cars with tight converters. The biggest complaint with these carbs is it won't get on the chip when you smack it. Then when you DO get enough fuel in it early to make it get on the chip, it is extremely rich when you cut it loose.

Guys like Dave Braswell, Dale Cubic, Jack Book and several others are some of the best and most innovative minds in the carb world. They all make stuff that WORKS. They all tell me the same thing........This has been tried before and you see where we are, so form your own conclusions

Monte

I am not seeing any of the issues you are stating above? I quess in my case which is an 800 horse drag car with a loose converter (which alot of guys run) they must be a pretty good setup.

I'm not a carb guru and dont claim to know how it all works but it does work pretty damn good on my set up.