Hey there... thanks for the replies... I did take the locking clip off and it did not budge, both cone and front collar(were you mount the switch) seemed to be fused together, when I twist the front collar everything moves(except Steering wheel spindle of coarse) the collar cone and long casing that goes through the fire wall all rotate together.
I tried to twist the front collar and back cone in opposite directions to get it to break free and nothing.
that bearing looks good but (spindle moves smoothly) when I took the locking ring off I tired to pull off front collar and nothing...front collar and bearing are stuck together. When you look behind the front collar I see nothing .. just doesn't make sense right now... like there is not a purpose for the bolts (maybe the slots were for a column shift car) last owner had the interior completely redone 10 years ago so maybe someone just stuck them in there just b/c...must have been a chevy guy .. .... long shot)
there was no noise of a brocket or bosses falling when I took the bold out and I tried to put back within a minute and I didn't move anything..