Quote:

I can't speak to power master's quality because I haven't used one. You say this is your second one? If it's bad t9o, go with a parts store mini starter, it'll be cheaper, work great, and they come with a lifetime warranty. I prefer autozone because they save your info in their computer system via phone number, so if it fails 10 years from now you don't have to try and keep the reciept that long. You just give them your ph#, they look you up and give you a new part. At Napa, Advance, etc...you have to have your reciept because they're computers don't talk to each other like autozone's do. And they have remains and new. Guys with high comp dedicated race motors report great results too.

Ahh okay I see what you're saying. Yes this is my second power master. The first one we didn't even get to try to spin it. It came with the battery terminal sticking out of it with the wires exposed. It was just horrible. We got the new one and it was free of physical damage, but it sounds like it may be bad also. I'm going to give them a call tomorrow to see if they will replace it since it's only a couple months old. If not then we will be going to a parts store version.

Appreciate all the feedback. Just to confirm it is indeed the starter we are still going to drop the new one and put the older starter back to see if it does the same thing.