Quote:

"I really wish people would quit assuming that not wanting to spend money is a choice. If you've got $2-300 kicking around to lend me then i can afford the headers i want. No money here, no credit. I dont want a $125 header, but $600+ is out unless you want to help."

LOL. Years ago I made the mistake of typing that it would be nice to have headers that didnt hang low but for around $300. I was accused of being cheap AND poor because I dared to say TTIs were expensive.
How bowt them Schumacher smallblock headers? Very very nice but more than TTIs. Ill have to get a set of those when I sell of my collection of hemi wing cars.

Hah! No kidding.

Well, at least now it sounds like with some searching one could get into a set that fits the bill for a reasonable amount. There are TWO used sets for sale here as i type, and someone has also said they may have some Super Comps. Its a start. One thing that kept me from ever even thinking about a smallblock was the $700-1000 headers. I dont care if Burns Stainless makes them with tuned merge-collectors... the money just isn't there. And years ov looking at other peoples E-bodies with the mashed primaries and ticky-ticky sound didn't help either.

I've also decided that i dont want to hear ANY part ov my exhaust until it comes out the tips. So nice thick, newer-design headers are the way to go. Hated that ticky-ticky sound ov my Hooker Comps. If it gets me on the road i'll go Hooker again, but it will definitely be temporary. Hell... i might just stay manifolded if i cant find some used TTI's or Dougs.